Refugee history is the main focus of my research and teaching at the moment, and posts about refugees—in the present as well as the past—get the most interest on this blog. So I thought I’d compile a list of related posts and keep it here permanently. I’ll update it as and when.
- The average length of stay in a refugee camp is 17 years. Except that it isn’t. A post about this often repeated but very unreliable statistic. (Following on from that post, I was interviewed about this statistic by the BBC radio programme More Or Less.)
- Images of refugees: a first post on this subject.
- Images of refugees, part 2: a longer post about images of refugees on land (especially the ‘overland trudge’).
- Images of refugees, part 3: a post about the other great visual trope of refugees on the move—the ‘refugee boat’.
- Images of refugee camps, part 1: a post about looking down on refugee camps from above.